Our special twist on a classic French toast recipe will start your morning off in the best way. It is the perfect recipe for a lazy breakfast or brunch. The sweetness of the French toast and blueberries compliment the saltiness of the bacon.
Cooks in: 20 mins
- 4 slices of dry cured back bacon
- 150ml milk
- 2 British Blue eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 4 slices of Spelt and Honey Loaf
- Butter, for frying
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 2 tbsp White Heron Framboise
- 2 tbsp IMP & MAKER Red Love Apple Juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Put the blueberries into a hot non-stick frying pan, add the Framboise and apple juice and leave to simmer for a minute until the berries are just beginning to soften. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the grill to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Place the bacon on a baking sheet and grill until crispy. While the bacon is cooking, whisk together the milk, eggs, cinnamon and sugar in a shallow bowl until well combined.
- Remove the bacon from the grill, place on a plate, and keep warm.
- Dip 2 slices of Spelt & Honey Loaf into the egg mixture and leave to stand for 20 seconds to absorb the liquid. Flip the bread over and allow to stand for another 20 seconds.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until melted, taking care not to let the butter burn. Add the dipped bread slices and cook for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip over and continue cooking for 1 minute or until done. Remove from the pan to keep warm and repeat with the remaining.
- On each plate, place 2 slices of French toast, top with 2 strips of bacon, spoon over the blueberries and some of their cooking juices and drizzle with a little honey.