Try out our founder’s secret recipe for the ultimate Yorkshire Puddings with your Sunday Roast. All the finest ingredients to make the perfect yorkies.
Makes: 12 Puds
Cooks in: 30 mins
- Rapeseed or Vegetable oil. TIP. You can use Duck Fat, Goose Fat or Dripping for even tastier results.
- ½ cup of whole milk mixed with ½ cup of cold water
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 cup of eggs
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Get a mug and fill it to the top with flour. Pour into
- your mixing bowl.
- In the same mug, fill with half milk then top with cold water. Pour into the mixing bowl with your flour.
- Again using the same mug fill with cracked eggs until you reach the top. Pour into the mixing bowl.
- Turn on your oven to 2220C/428F/Gas 7. Put a little of the oil, fat or dripping in the holes of a non-stick Yorkshire pudding tray (I use a 12 hole muffin tin for ginormous puds!). Place the tin in the middle of your red hot oven until the fat is smoking hot.
- Whilst your oven is getting hot, whisk your mixture by hand until all of the lumps are beaten out of the mixture and you have a smooth, bubbly consistency. TIP. Leave to stand for 10 minutes then whisk again and repeat over the course of 30 minutes. Lots of bubbles in the mixture just before you pour the batter into boiling hot fat is key to giant yorkies!
- Remove your pudding tray from the oven and quickly fill the moulds with the batter. Return to the oven and cook for 20 minutes. (It is essential the fat remains scorching hot and you don’t let heat out of your oven whilst pouring in the batter).
- Turn the oven down to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and cook for a further 10 minutes to set the bottom of the puddings.
- Remove from the oven and serve.