Baked Eggs in Avocado with Smoked Salmon
breakfast • Special Occasion • Luxury
- 2 large just ripe avocados
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- 4 British Blue eggs, separated
- lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100g Lincolnshire Poacher cheese
- a handful of micro salad leaves, to serve
- toasted buttered Spelt and Honey Loaf, to serve
Cooks in: 20 mins • Difficulty: Medium
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6
- Halve the avocados lengthways and remove the stones. Cut a thin slither off the skin side of the avocado halves to keep them level and place onto a greased baking tray. Scoop out some of the avocado flesh from where the stone was and keep to one side in a small bowl. Then line each avocado cavity with a slice of smoked salmon, followed by an egg yolk. Beat the egg whites with a small squeeze of lemon juice until combined and pour into each cavity. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the whites have set.
- Whilst the eggs are baking, using a fork, smash the reserved avocado flesh and season with a little salt and pepper, rapeseed oil and a good squeeze of lemon juice and leave to one side.
- Grate a little Lincolnshire Poacher cheese over the top and scatter with a handful of micro salad leaves.
- Serve immediately with the toasted buttered Spelt and Honey Loaf and the smashed avocado.