The Ultimate Tomahawk Steak
Our Tomahawk Steak is sure to wow your company. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or simply treating yourself, our Tomahawk Steak is certainly impressive. In our opinion, the perfect steak is medium rare, making it tender and juicy.
fine dining • freshly grown produce • steak experience
- Tomahawk Steak 1-1.3kg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rapeseed oil
- A large knob of butter
Cooks in: 40 minutes • Difficulty: Easy
- Remove the steak from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for at least an hour.
- Once the steak has reached room temperature, pat the steak dry with a piece of kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper.
- If cooking in an oven, preheat the oven to 215°C/185°C fan/Gas mark 5.
- Alternatively, take a heavy frying or griddle pan which will comfortably fit the steak, add a good amount of oil, and heat the pan over a high heat.
- When the oil is beginning to simmer, turn the heat down to medium and carefully lay the steak into the pan. Cook for 8 minutes until deliciously golden on the underside, turn the steak over, and add the knob of butter. Cook for another 7 minutes, basting with the butter to enrich the steak, until golden brown on the underside, this will give you a medium-rare steak. Alternatively, place the steak into the pre-heated oven after searing all over, for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the pan or oven, place on a sharing plate, and leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving to your liking.