Baked Eggs in Avocado with Smoked Salmon
A fresh, vibrant breakfast to start your day off right. Enlighten your senses with a creamy baked egg, a soft avocado, and fresh smoked salmon. The toasted loaf is perfect to dip into the runny yolk.
- 1 large just ripe avocado (min.)
- 4 slices of Alfred Enderby smoked salmon
- 4 British Blue eggs
- Lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rapeseed oil, to drizzle
- 100g Lincolnshire Poacher cheese
- A handful of micro salad leaves, to garnish
- Spelt and Honey Loaf, to dip
Cooks in: 20 mins • Difficulty: Medium
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas mark 6.
- Halve the avocado lengthways and remove the stone. Cut a thin slither off the skin side of the avocado halves to keep them level and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Scoop out some of the avocado from where the stone was and keep to one side in a small bowl.
- Line each avocado cavity with a slice of Alfred Enderby smoked salmon, followed by an egg yolk.
- Beat the egg whites with a small squeeze of lemon juice until combined and pour into each cavity. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the whites have set.
- Whilst the eggs are baking, using a fork, smash the reserved avocado flesh and season with a little salt and pepper, rapeseed oil, and a good squeeze of lemon juice and leave to one side.
- Remove from the oven and grate a little Lincolnshire Poacher cheese over the top and garnish with a handful of micro salad leaves.
- Serve immediately with some toasted and buttered Spelt and Honey Loaf and the smashed avocado.