Baked Figs with Stilton
This recipe makes for a great starter, side dish, or even a lunch time treat. Fresh ripe figs alone are the most beautiful fruit but adding stilton will enter you into another taste dimension, in which the sweetness of figs is complimented by the sharpness of the cheese.
- 2 figs (min.)
- 100g stilton
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Rapeseed oil (optional)
- Micro leaves, to serve
Cooks in: 6 mins • Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6.
- Cut a cross into the pointed end of each fig, taking care not to cut all the way through the fruit.
- Stuff each fig with a wedge of stilton, drizzle with a little rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar (if using) and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes until the cheese is hot and melting.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with a few micro leaves, if desired.