Baked Eggs with Heritage Tomatoes and Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese
Baked eggs are a really simple way to cook the perfect eggs, that not many people know to do. The depth of flavour from the Lincolnshire Poacher cheese is a perfect complement to the fresh and juicy tomatoes. This recipe makes for the most indulgent breakfast or brunch.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 400g Heritage tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Micro leaves, to garnish (optional)
- 4 British Blue eggs
- 2 tbsp double cream (optional)
- 150g Lincolnshire Poacher cheese
Cooks in: 20 mins • Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add crushed garlic (if using). Cook for 30 seconds. Cut the tomatoes into chunks and add them to the pan. Season with a little salt and pepper. Toss the garlic (if using) and tomatoes in the oil and cook for a couple of minutes over a medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and add the micro leaves (if using). Stir through and place the tomato mixture in an ovenproof dish.
- Make 4 small wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each. Season with a little more salt and pepper, drizzle with the double cream (if using) and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.