The Great British Breakfast Sharing Platter
This sharing platter is the perfect recipe for a hearty breakfast. Using only the finest produce, you can create the ultimate fry-up to share with loved ones or friends. Whether you're having a lazy weekend in, or you want to enjoy a special breakfast on your staycation, this is the recipe for you.
- 4 slices of Spelt and Honey Loaf
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Rapeseed oil
- 4 British Blue eggs
- 8 Boston Sausage chipolatas
- 4 slices of back bacon
- 2 Heritage tomatoes
Cooks in: 20 minutes • Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat the grill to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Place the sausages and bacon on the grill pan. Turn the sausages every few minutes and occasionally turn the bacon so it becomes crispy both sides. The sausages and bacon should take approximately 10-12 minutes to cook and become crisp. For the final 3 minutes of the sausage and bacon grilling, halve the tomatoes and place them on the grill pan so that they blister and slightly char.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan over a high heat. Cut the garlic cloves in half (if using) and rub them on the bread slices. Generously drizzle both sides of the bread with the oil. Put 2 slices in the griddle pan and toast on both sides. Repeat with the remaining 2 slices.
- Take the bread out of the pan and place onto each plate. In the same pan fry all of the eggs, whilst they cook, create your breakfast tower by loading the bacon, sausage and tomato on top of each slice of bread. Then top with the fried egg.
- Serve with Tiptree brown sauce or tomato ketchup.