This recipe uses the finest, locally sourced produce to make the tastiest and creamiest dauphinoise potatoes, the ultimate side to compliment any dinner. Crisp and luscious, they are the most indulgent type of potato.
- 2kg Melody potatoes
- 450ml Longley's double cream
- 450ml milk (preferably, whole)
- 100g Vintage Lincolnshire Poacher cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cooks in: 45 minutes • Difficulty: Easy
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/Gas mark 5.
- Tip 450ml Longley’s double cream and 450ml whole milk into a saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Slice your potatoes very finely, around 3-4mm. Add your potatoes to your cream mixture and simmer for 3 minutes longer. Stir gently to separate the potato, stopping it from sinking and sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the potatoes with a slotted spoon and lay them in a wide shallow ovenproof dish. Pour the cream mixture over the potatoes, covering fully, whilst leaving some on the top.
- Scatter 100g of grated Vintage Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese over the potatoes and bake for 30 minutes until soft and brown.
- When cooked, remove from the oven and place in a serving bowl or on a plate.
- Finish with some salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.