Our tasty Christmas Turkey recipe. The perfect way to cook your hand-reared luxurious turkey to perfection and will easily serve 8-10 of your loved ones.
- 5kg Turkey
- 2 White Onions
- Salt & Pepper
Cooking Time: Approx. 2 hours
Serves: 8-10 people
- Take the turkey out of the fridge and leave to stand for at least two hours, allowing it to reach room temperature.
- Three hours before you want to eat Christmas dinner, preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F or 160°C/320°F for fan ovens.
- Remove any string from the bird and place the turkey in a tin, breast side down, with 500ml of water. Season well.
- As an optional extra, add in chopped onions to the bottom of the tin.
- Place in the preheated oven with no foil.
- Turn the bird over halfway through and season again.
- Pierce right through the skin between legs and breast to allow the juices to drain and the thighs to cook.
- Check its temperature 30 minutes before the end of cooking time. Remove the Turkey from the oven as soon as the temperature reads 60C. Leave the turkey to rest in the kitchen uncovered for a minimum of 30 minutes before carving.
TIP: Make the tastiest gravy by skimming off the excess fat from the top of the stock. Scrape and mix in the caramelised bits from the bottom of the tin and reheat.
Check out our incredible Christmas Turkeys here.