Baked Figs with Stilton
This recipe makes for a great starter, side dish, or even a lunch time treat. Fresh ripe figs are the most beautiful fruit. Adding Stilton will enter you into another taste dimension, in which the sweetness of figs is complimented by the sharpness of the cheese.
Sharing • Snack • vegetarian
- 2 figs (min.)
- 100g Stilton, cut into wedges
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Rapeseed oil (optional)
- Micro leaves, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6
Cooks in: 6 mins • Difficulty: Easy
- Cut a cross into the pointed end of each fig, taking care not to cut all the way through the fruit.
- Stuff each fig with a wedge of Stilton, drizzle with a little rapeseed oil and Balsamic vinegar (if using) and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes until the cheese is hot and melting.
- Remove from the oven and if desired, serve with a few micro leaves.