Scrambled eggs can be one of the most luxurious dishes if you remember a few key points: use really fresh free-range or organic eggs and great butter. Always keep the eggs slowly moving around the pan over a low heat; this ensures you get perfect, soft scrambled eggs every time.
Cooks in: 10 mins
- 4 British Blue eggs, plus 1 additional yolk (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A dash of whole milk or cream
- 50g butter
- 4 slices of Alfred Enderby smoked salmon
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the additional yolk (if using). Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and also a dash of cream or milk. Beat together with a whisk.
- Warm two plates in a very low temperature oven.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over a low heat and melt the butter. Swirl the melted butter to coat then pan and then pour in the egg mixture.
- Using a wooden spatula, gently stir the eggs around the pan until soft and still slightly wobbly.
- Remove from the heat and serve onto two warm plates.
TASTY TIP: Delicious served with Alfred Enderby Smoked Salmon and toasted Spelt and Honey Loaf.